Thanks to our continuous research on Adverse Drug Event Extraction, we will be at EACL 2021 (19th – 23rd April, 2021) with our latest paper:
“BERT Prescriptions to Avoid Unwanted Headaches: A Comparison of Transformer Architectures for Adverse Drug Event Detection“
We explore the capabilities of wide variety of BERT-based architectures on the task of ADE extraction from social media texts.
In particular we focus on the use of in-domain knowledge during pretraining, answering the question on whether (and which extent) it can actually help in this scenario, and giving some useful “prescriptions” for future research on this field.
– Beatrice Portelli (AILAB-Udine)
– Edoardo Lenzi (AILAB-Udine)
– Simone Scaboro (AILAB-Udine)
– Giuseppe Serra (AILAB-Udine)
– Emmanuele Chersoni (Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
– Enrico Santus (Bayer)
– ADE extraction project at AILAB-Udine
– ADE at AILAB-Udine: top results on SMM4H’19